Installation Instructions (Lite Version)
The Lite version of Comet Cache is intended for site owners that don't need the additional features provided by Comet Cache Pro; or for those who would like to experiment and see a preview of what Comet Cache Pro has to offer.
Note: the Lite version of Comet Cache should not be installed together with Comet Cache Pro. Comet Cache Lite and Comet Cache Pro are two separate plugins, not designed to be run together at the same time. If you have Comet Cache Pro, please see Pro Installation instead.
To install Comet Cache Lite:
- Deactivate and delete Comet Cache Pro, if it is currently installed.
- Download the Lite version (available at WordPress.org); or click here to download
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to WordPress Dashboard → Plugins → Add New and then click on the "Upload Plugin" button at the top.
- Select the Comet Cache zip file you downloaded in step 2 and click "Install Now".
- After the plugin finishes installing, click the "Activate Plugin" link.
- Once the plugin is active, you can go to WordPress Dashboard → Comet Cache → Plugin Options → Enable/Disable, and Enable Comet Cache.
Upgrading from ZenCache Lite?
If you are an existing ZenCache user and you're switching to Comet Cache, please see the migration tutorial:
See: Comet Cache Release Archive for access to all previous versions.