This ZenCache release candidate includes 3 new Lite features, 2 new Pro features, 4 enhancements, 1 bug fix, and an entirely restructured codebase. You can download and try out this release using the links below. Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.
ZenCache LITE beta testers: Download ZenCache LITE v150605 Release Candidate
ZenCache Pro beta testers: Download ZenCache Pro v150605 Release Candidate (you must be logged into your account at ZenCache.com to access this download)
- Deactivate and Delete any existing ZenCache plugin via Dashboard -> Plugins
- Download the release candidate using one of the links above
- Install the release candidate you downloaded by going to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and selecting the downloaded zip file
- Activate ZenCache
Changelog for ZenCache v150605 (Release Candidate)
- Restructured Codebase: The entire ZenCache codebase has been restructured to improve performance, enhance flexibility, and make it easier to build in new features!
- New Feature! The free version of ZenCache now supports several new options that were previously only available in the Pro version. You can now toggle the Auto-Clear Cache routines for the Home Page, Posts Page, Author Page, Category Archives, Tag Archives, Custom Term Archives, RSS/RDF/Atom Feeds, and XML Sitemaps. This gives you more control over exactly when ZenCache purges the cache for these parts of your site. See ZenCache → Plugin Options → Clearing the Cache for further details.
- New Feature! URI Exclusion Patterns are now available in ZenCache Lite! This previously Pro-only feature is now available in the free version of ZenCache and allows you to exclude a list of URIs from being cached by ZenCache. See ZenCache → Plugin Options → URI Exclusion Patterns for further details.
- New Feature! HTTP Referrer Exclusion Patterns are now available in ZenCache Lite! This previously Pro-only feature is now available in the free version of ZenCache and allows you to define a list of referring URLs or domains that send you traffic. When ZenCache sees a request coming from one of those URLs or domains, it will not cache that particular request. See ZenCache → Plugin Options → HTTP Referrer Exclusion Patterns for further details.
- New Pro Feature!: Static CDN Filters now supports multiple CDN hostnames. This allows you to configure more than one CDN hostname, also referred to as Domain Sharding. This makes it possible for site owners to work around web browser concurrency limits, allowing the browser to download many resources simultaneously, which increases overall speed. Props to @isaumya and @jaswsinc. See Issue #468.
- Enhancement (Pro): Static CDN Filters now also apply to any static files that are referenced inside CSS files. Props @jaswsinc. See Issue #461.
- Enhancement: Completed a major restructure of the entire codebase to improve modularity and dependency management. Props @jaswsinc.
- Enhancement (Pro): Static CDN Filters now supports the ability to configure separate CDN hostname(s) for each domain (or sub-domain) that you run in a WordPress Multisite Network. Props @jaswsinc. See Issue #475.
- Enhancement (Pro): Static CDN Filters now support sub-domains when ZenCache is running inside a WordPress Multisite Network. Props @jaswsinc. See Issue #439.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Static CDN Filters were not being applied to the primary site on WP Multisite installations that used subdomains. Props to @isaumya for discovering this bug. See Issue #470.
Please note that when this version leaves beta and an official release is made, the WordPress Plugin Updater will automatically detect the new version on WordPress.org and ask you to upgrade (applies to ZenCache LITE). If you're using ZenCache Pro, please configure the Pro Plugin Updater (Dashboard -> ZenCache -> Plugin Updater) so that you are notified when there is a new official release.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.